After years of searching for the perfect location to settle down and realize their dreams, Robert T. Murphy III and Beau Garland Reynolds stumbled upon their diamond in the rough: 20 beautiful, lake-side acres in Elm Springs. Four years, and a lot of sweat equity, later they are ready to share their vision for Elmdale Estate and its first new structure: Heroncrest.
As frequent attendees of charitable, cultural and social events, Robert and Beau noticed gaps in location, scale and amenities with the existing venue offerings here in NWA. In creating Heroncrest, they sought to construct a facility exquisitely tailored to meet the needs of our community while also supporting the growing philanthropic, artistic and cultural efforts of the region. They saw an opportunity to deliver a space that allowed for a curated experience for both event industry professionals and a discerning clientele; their labors summarized in a concise mantra: “We Do Extraordinary Everyday™.”
Throughout Heroncrest’s three years of design and development, every aspect of the project has been thoughtfully considered with constant feedback from engineers, acoustic consultants, architects, interior designers, lighting experts, environmental specialists, caterers, and event experts. Comprising over 14,000 square feet of conditioned indoor space, this new building will be the fourth largest event venue in Northwest Arkansas. It’s size, though, is just one of the many noteworthy attributes of this masonry, steel and glass marvel. Flooded with natural light, this jewel is an airy, spacious, environmentally conscious perch affording panoramic views on the north shore of Lake Elmdale…a flexible space, equally equipped to host an intimate wedding or a nationally touring musical act.
Heroncrest is an expression of both Robert and Beau’s passion for this community and their desire to blend nature and the architectural heritage of this region into one building and countless experiences.
Frequently asked questions
Covid update: Currently we are already approved for up to 350 people, in seated capacity, in the great hall. This does not include the additional space we have outside, which is an additional 4,000 sqft.
Heroncrest encompasses 14,000 square feet of which the Great Hall is an open and airy 7,300 square feet that can be arranged into any of the following configurations:
Banquets and Receptions up to 700 guests
Ceremonies and Concerts up to 1000 guests
Seminars and Lectures up to 500 guests
Configurations combining any of the above can also be arranged to maximize your group's experience
Our 4,000 sq.ft. hardscaping and 8,000 sq.ft. green space, surrounded by water, allows for even greater capacity for outdoor entertaining.
Heroncrest has paved parking for 162 vehicles (including code compliant handicap accessible spaces) with two separate entrances directly off of East Lake Road.
Access routes to Heroncrest are via paved municipal roads meaning that your guests will not be traversing along dirt or gravel roads on your special day.
Heroncrest is part of our larger 20-acre estate. As such, additional on-site overflow parking is available if needed.
The parking lots are lit by led lamp posts to ensure you and your guests are able to return to your vehicles safely.
Additionally, electrical access points around the parameter of the parking lot are available for food trucks and market setups.
Private dedicated parking for vendors.
Electric car charges on-site, 1 Tesla and 2 Chargepoint.
- Tables - professional, heavy duty plywood with metal edges
(56) - 60" round tables
(48) - 72" x 30” rectangular tables
(128) - 72" x 18” rectangular tables. "schoolies"
(2) - 36" round cake tables with casters
(2) - 60" half-circle tables
(10) - 72" x 12" bar top risers
(20) - adjustable height cocktail tables
Chairs - contemporary, classic and elegant design
1400 chairs with immediate availability
Imported from Europe
EXCLUSIVE to Heroncrest
2 Mobile monitors
- Our pricing is based on seasonal and weekly demand; as such a specific date must be selected for a quote to be provided. Pricing starts at $4,500 for a weekday event during non-peak seasons.
- A non-refundable deposit of fifty percent of the total quote is needed to reserve a date, with the final fifty percent due 30 days before the event.
- We do offer discounts for Non-profits and for multi-day purchases.
- Dates are reserved on a first come, first served basis.
Nestled within the heart of Northwest Arkansas in the city of Elm Springs. Heroncrest sits on 4.5 lakeside acres of Elmdale Estate and is conveniently located:
- 1.5 miles from Highway 49, 412 and 112
- 1.5 miles from Macadoodles, Walmart, Hobby Lobby and Sam's Club
- 2 miles from 12 hotels
- DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Springdale
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Springdale
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Springdale
- Holiday Inn Springdale/Fayetteville Area
- Residence Inn by Marriott Springdale
- Hampton Inn & Suites Springdale
- Sleep Inn & Suites Springdale West
- Quality Suites
- Extended Stay America - Fayetteville – Springdale
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springdale
- Super 8 by Wyndham Springdale AR
- WoodSpring Suites Springdale
- 10 miles from XNA airport
- 10 miles from the Fayetteville square
- 15 miles from the Bentonville square
Dressing suites - for bridal parties or performance talent
Two fully appointed rooms with sofas, chairs and tables
Private en-suite restrooms
Mirrored dressing areas
- Our Commercial prep kitchen has a dedicated service entrance to ensure that your caterer’s logistics won’t interrupt the party. New professional equipment provided in the kitchen includes:
- Large Ice Machine
- Electric Oven
- Hot boxes
- Large freezer and cooler
- Public facilities include six Women’s restrooms, seven Men’s restrooms along with one family restroom
- A private restroom is located within each of the two suites
- Free All-Fiber Gigabit Wifi Internet
- Security services are required and provided as part of your rental fee for evening events with guest counts of 250 or more and/or any event where alcohol is served (regardless of guest count or time of day).
- As necessary, traffic control is provided by uniformed law enforcement officers to assist with traffic at the intersection of East Lake Road and Elm Springs Road.
- On-site shuttle services are available and determined by participant count. Shuttle services consist of up to two 6-seat electric golf carts to transfer guests between the parking lots and the main entry.
- Any time our facility is in-use, one of our Owner’s Representatives will be present.
- We do encourage a designated planning professional to be involved for all events.
- You are welcome to use any professional and insured vendor of your choosing.
- A curated list of preferred vendors can be provided upon request. We have some of the best talent in NWA and feel that engaging the right people makes all the difference.
- All vendors will be required to submit a Vendor Contract and provide a current certificate of insurance prior to the event or they will not be allowed on-site.
- This space was specifically designed to be an adaptable canvas compatible with almost any clients’ aesthetic. While providing an exhaustive lists of what is and is not allowed would be cumbersome, a few noteworthy restrictions include:
- Nothing can be affixed to the walls without written permission from Heroncrest.
- Any electrical devices must be UL approved
- Any ceiling mounted décor must weigh less than one pound per square foot (two pounds per cubic foot) and the installation of such materials must be done in conjunction with Heroncrest staff.
- Ceiling mounted outlets are provided throughout the Great Hall to allow for client rentals of chandeliers or other electrical décor items
- A ceiling mounted track system has been designed into the Great Hall space to allow for approved wall panels or dividers to be suspended in the space to create “rooms”. The system also allows for the hanging of art work, fabric, or other decorative materials within the larger space.
- An electric powered scissor lift is already on site. Only allowed to be operated by a Heroncrest associate. Confirm need and use 30 days before the event.
Covid update: We do abide by all state mandated safety procedures and take additional protections when able, to ensure the safety of our guests. Being a new space, we also had the benefit of making sure that all surfaces can be cleaned and sterilized before and after each event. Please let us know if you have any questions. We are here to help!
The cost of general cleaning is included in the rental fee. There will be a fee added if excessive cleaning is necessary.
Clients and their vendors are responsible for removing everything that was brought in for the event.
Please contact us if you were not able to find an answer to your question in our FAQ section.
Heroncrest has been designed to be fully accessible with parking, restrooms, entries and ramps all taken into account. The public spaces are all located on one floor and are easily accessible to all guests.
Covid update: Private tours of the site are available by appointment only. Please call or email us to schedule your personal tour. Be prepared to be blown away!
We do offer discounts for non-profits and multi-day purchases. Contact us for more information.
When it comes to technology and back-of-house we have gone all in on what we are able to do. We are working on a final Tech Package that would give you and your vendors confidence in what is possible for your event at Heroncrest.
Just a few highlights:
- Very fast internet with a current tested download speed of 268Mbps and upload speed of 219Mbps. This will ensure if you are planning to broadcast your event or have a lot of guests using their laptops and mobile devices that you are covered.
- Two mobile monitors with teleconferencing cameras. This makes connecting with virtual guests super easy.
- On site power storage array consisting of 5 Tesla Powerwalls. Also, on site solar being produced to help provide power.
- Unistrut track system throughout the ceiling of the Great Hall to allow for secure hanging of just about any element you would need to elevate your event. Also, integrated electrical boxes in the ceiling that can be used to power those elements.
- Two 6” conduits running the full length of the Great Hall from the south wall to the storage room at the north end. These run over 100’ and allow for cabling to be run underneath the floor instead of being ran above.